It’s cold, it’s dark, it’s wet outside. Your waistline is growing, you are struggling for motivation, but you continually tell yourself “I’ll start tomorrow, I’ll start after the weekend, I’ll start next week”. Sound familiar?
You convince yourself to postpone your start date, but you never actually make the start. You continually make poor nutritional choices and you don’t exercise when you know you should exercise. You blame things that you are in control of, bad days turn into bad months, and before you know it, it’s summer and you say “I wish I had of started earlier’. Summer bodies are made in winter. The solution is simple, start today!
I am very passionate about helping others achieve success through health (both physical and mental), but I can only talk so much. There is an old saying that ‘Actions speak louder than words’, so it’s time for you to commit to yourself. Look after yourself first and foremost and watch yourself become a better father, mother, partner, brother, sister, friend, employee, employer.
TT’s Tips to improve wellness
- Tell the Truth (Trewth): There is a great saying, ‘all progress begins by telling the truth”. Admit to yourself what it is you need to change and then develop ways to improve it.
- Embrace Discomfort: Don’t be scared or disillusioned by not achieving your desired goal initially. Re-set, re-focus and try another way to achieve your goal.
- Believe in Yourself: You need to be the leader; you need to be your own mentor. You’re the only one that can create the drive that is necessary to achieve your desired outcome.
- Try – Attempt – Achieve (T-A-A): First things first, START! If it doesn’t work, START again and keep repeating this formula until you get the outcome you desire.
- WHY: What is your “why”? This is the key to your success. This is your driver, your accountability clause, the reason you are starting the wellness journey. Write it down and commit to it, it’s your personal mantra! So WHAT